none
Conversion from string "pm_grp" to type 'Integer' is not valid. RRS feed

• General discussion

• here the problem is i was trying compare the values from two column i was getting this error. Whenever i enter a particular text in the text box it should compare that value with database existing values 

• Edited by Hemima Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:30 AM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

It seems you are getting exception from sql query, It's hard to guess what you are doing, Providing the code and stack trace will help us to suggest better.

BTW, please read this post

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/clr/thread/b776a42d-e9b4-4545-8359-ef8c45590056, to chose right forum.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer". If this post is helpful please click "Mark as Helpful".

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:11 PM
  • dvparam = New DataView(ds.Tables("param"), "PM_Name='" & CStr(PrmtValue) & "'", "PM_name", DataViewRowState.CurrentRows)
                If dvparam.Count > 0 Then
                    If CBool(nss(dvparam.Item("pm_grp").ToString)) = True Then MsgBox("Already Exists.. You Can't Modify This.Because " & UCase((dvparam.Item("pm_name").ToString)) & " Is Category.", MsgBoxStyle.Information) : Txt_Name.Text = "" : Find_Parameter = True : Exit Function

Here whatever i enter the value in the textbox , this function should compare the entered value with DB value if existing it should display message value already existing otherwise data should save to the DB

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:13 PM