Microsoft Picture It! 10 not compatible with Windows 8

Question

•  

Best regards folks....

Microsoft Picture It! Premium 10, don't work with Windows 8.

Problem: Software don't detecting IE10.

Troubleshoot compatibility don't work...

How to fix problem?

• Edited by Brankovic Monday, September 26, 2011 2:59 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:48 AM

Answers

• Picture It also doesn't work with Windows 7.

Microsoft Picture IT is not compatible with Windows 7, it has been discontinued and has been replaced with Windows Live Photo Gallery. You may download Windows Live Photo Gallery for free and install it on Windows 7/8.

Windows Live Photo Gallery:
    http://www.windowslive.com/Desktop/PhotoGallery

Monday, September 26, 2011 6:22 AM
  • I'm sorry to say that despite Microsoft's claims, achieving 100% compatibility with Windows 7 apps ("if it runs in Windows 7, it'll run in Windows 8") is literally impossible. Almost any chnage to Windows, no matter how small, will probably break something, even if 99.99% of users don't use that program. For now, PictureIt! appears to be one of those programs, and this may be fixed by the final release. However, I wouldn't count on 100% compatiblity. I'm not saying that the Windows team is doing a bad job; on the contrary, I'm impressed than an upgrade this big can run as many older programs as it does. While 100% compatiblity is a commendable goal, and one that Microsoft seems to be doing a fairly good job of meeting, no new version of Windows will truly be 100% compatible with an older one. Even security patches can cause compatibilty problems.
    • Proposed as answer by WindowsVista567 Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Brankovic Monday, November 14, 2011 1:51 AM
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:37 PM

All replies

• Picture It also doesn't work with Windows 7.

Microsoft Picture IT is not compatible with Windows 7, it has been discontinued and has been replaced with Windows Live Photo Gallery. You may download Windows Live Photo Gallery for free and install it on Windows 7/8.

Windows Live Photo Gallery:
    http://www.windowslive.com/Desktop/PhotoGallery

Monday, September 26, 2011 6:22 AM
  •  

Microsoft Picture It! Premium 10 work perfectly in my second laptop, with Windows 7 Ultimate.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:46 AM
  • Most people have trouble installing it, and it's listed as not compatible:

Microsoft Picture It! 10 Premium

You can try - Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:55 AM
  • I try everything (all combinations) nothing work.
    Troubleshoot compatibility don't work, also…

No problem, this is only Windows 8 alpha version. Final release of Widows 8 will work excellent.

Best regards, my friend …
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:41 AM
  • What version of IE you have in that laptop? This seems to be a compatibility issue between IE and what the app expects. Windows 8 ships a different version of IE.

Have a great day
    Friday, November 4, 2011 7:19 PM
  • I've seen this error screen before, from Microsoft PictureIt! 2001 on Windows Vista/7. I don't think PictureIt! will work on anything newer than Windows XP. If you need to use PictureIt!, you might try virtualization technology such as VMWare in order to use it.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 8:55 PM
  •  

Microsoft Picture It! Premium 10  workin on Windows 7 Ultimate..... Best regards, folks...

• Edited by Brankovic Saturday, November 5, 2011 2:16 AM
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 2:12 AM
  • I'm sorry to say that despite Microsoft's claims, achieving 100% compatibility with Windows 7 apps ("if it runs in Windows 7, it'll run in Windows 8") is literally impossible. Almost any chnage to Windows, no matter how small, will probably break something, even if 99.99% of users don't use that program. For now, PictureIt! appears to be one of those programs, and this may be fixed by the final release. However, I wouldn't count on 100% compatiblity. I'm not saying that the Windows team is doing a bad job; on the contrary, I'm impressed than an upgrade this big can run as many older programs as it does. While 100% compatiblity is a commendable goal, and one that Microsoft seems to be doing a fairly good job of meeting, no new version of Windows will truly be 100% compatible with an older one. Even security patches can cause compatibilty problems.
    • Proposed as answer by WindowsVista567 Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Brankovic Monday, November 14, 2011 1:51 AM
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:37 PM
  • Hi,

I install old Program from 1996, "The Print Shop DELUXE III". And, software working beautifully, with Windows 7 Ultimate.

Best regards, folks....

Monday, November 14, 2011 1:58 AM