naming for a folder with pages where HttpModule will bypass RRS feed

• Question

• User-1716951449 posted

I have few HttpModules such as to restrict access by ip/country, browser detection, etc.

these modules will redirect/land the request to a page about the (negative) result, to show message cannot access, browser not supported, etc.

I intend to put all these pages under a folder, and code the modules specifically to skip any process/checking over files under this folder.

what name should i used for this folder? HttpModuleExclusion?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:06 AM

All replies

• User-1358137329 posted

Please try the following

1. Create a new folder with any name anywhere in your web application (let us name this folder as "ErrorPages")
    2. Move all your error pages to this folder
    3. Create a new web.config in the "ErrorPages" folder
    4. Add just "system.web\httpModules" or "system.webServer\modules" section (based on the IIS version) to this web.config.
    5. Add "remove" entries inside the modules section, which you do not want to be invoked for these pages
    6. Alternatively, you can add a "clear" entry in the modules section to remove all modules inherited from the parent folder/application

Doing this, will remove the marked modules from the request pipeline for all pages in that folder

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:30 AM
  • User-1716951449 posted

thx for the feedback.

but we are just asking for a folder naming, not how to do it, as we already managed that.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:55 PM