Incoming call handling on smartphone 2005 emulator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to simulate incoming calls in smartphone 2005 by using the
    following link :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppcgen/html/callevents.asp

But whenver I tried to connect call event  exe got error " Missed Data store
    files".
    Please can anyone tell me what is the correct procedure to simulate incoming
    calls in smartphone 2005.
    Is call event exe meant for smartphone 2003 works for 2005 also.

If No from where I will get the required installable for call event ?

--
    Thanks
    Sona

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:23 AM

Answers

• Correct - there is no way.  Sorry.  :-(

Barry

Monday, May 22, 2006 10:33 PM

All replies

• Sorry, but that (great) MSDN article does not work from Visual Studio 2005 into the new DeviceEmulator. 

The Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity class referenced by the article no longer exists, and unfortunately, there is no replacement available at this time.  Also, the frildll.dll mentioned in the article does not exist for the DeviceEmulator... the DLL is compiled x86 only.

Barry

Monday, May 22, 2006 1:00 PM
  •  Barry Bond wrote:

Sorry, but that (great) MSDN article does not work from Visual Studio 2005 into the new DeviceEmulator. 

The Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity class referenced by the article no longer exists, and unfortunately, there is no replacement available at this time.  Also, the frildll.dll mentioned in the article does not exist for the DeviceEmulator... the DLL is compiled x86 only.

Barry

Does it mean that we have no way to test incoming call for WM5.0?

Monday, May 22, 2006 2:04 PM
  • Correct - there is no way.  Sorry.  :-(

Barry

Monday, May 22, 2006 10:33 PM
  • Is it possible to create our own Callevents program for WM5.0 and VS2K5? Or is it that all necessary APIs have been removed and we absolutely have no way to do it?
    Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:29 AM