Failed to Start (retrying) on SPD workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing a weird issue with MOSS 2007 SPD workflow for past couple of days. I had created a site from the Fab 40 Training site template. The workflows were kicked off correctly until last few days when the workflows have suddenly stopped sending mail. I checked that all the workflows that came with the site template are still sending mails. But all new workflows are failing. I created a new custom list and attached a new SPD workflow which fails with the error message "Failed on Start (retrying)". I checked the logs too but could not find any issues.

I also noticed that the workflow is checked out and I am unable to check it back in. I actually had created a Content Type in my Dev environment. But when I copied the site from dev to prod, the content type did not get copied over. Can it be an issue because of it. Because in dev, the issue does not exist.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your question. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:23 AM