none
Bundle VSTO runtime into .NET 3.51 Excel Add-In RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if my user has VSTO runtime installed. When the user installs my add-in, what is the smartest thing to do? Can I bundle VSTO runtime into the setup.exe (and if then how) which then installs the runtime if needed? I would totally prefer no extra downloads and as easy installation as possible.
    Monday, January 13, 2014 3:18 PM

Answers

• HI,

Based on my understanding, you want add the VSTO runtime as prerequisites components into setup program.  You could find VSTO – runtime in properties ->publish -> prerequisites, if you can’t find corresponding version of VSTO runtime components in Prerequisites dialog box ,and you can also customize prerequisites components though modify the product.xml file .

You can refer to the link below to get more information about how to add the prerequisites components into setup program.

# Creating a Bootstrapper package for an Office 2013 VSTO Add-in with Visual Studio 2012

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsto/archive/2012/12/21/creating-a-bootstrapper-package-for-an-office-2013-vsto-add-in-with-visual-studio-2012.aspx

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Eugene Astafiev Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by KilpAr Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:50 PM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:14 AM