remove unnecessary section in machin.config, root web.config RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm going to run a simple web pages (razor) web site on iis. I removed all unnecessary modules and handlers in my application level.

Every thing works great but when I look at machin.config, root web.config, applicationhost.config there are a lot of unneeded modules, assembly, sections (i.e. ftp, authentication, xml, isapi, webdav,db providers , ...)  that I never used in my web site. I also disable all these features when I enable iis role.

I'm looking for a very clean configuration files that contain only needed items that exactly is used in my web site not anything else. how can I get rid of all these unused items from hi level configuration files to improve performance and reduce risk surface?

thanx

Thursday, May 19, 2016 4:41 PM

Answers

• Dear cyrusgreat,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Our forum is to discuss the .NET Framework Setup and Servicing, as your issue is more related with IIS. According to your description, I found a similar issue from here: http://forums.iis.net/t/1232375.aspx, please followed the replies from milope and see if it is works or not.

Thank you for your understanding and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by cyrusgreat Friday, May 20, 2016 6:37 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2016 6:22 AM