Full-text search issue in Sandcastle (June 2007 CTP version) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am using Sandcastle (June 2007 CTP version) to create
    russian/english documentation. It works good, I translated the xml files,
    and it generates the localized build of CHM file. But the full-text search
    don't work for russian words. It works fine for english words.

I'm changing "<xsl:text>Language=0x409 English (United States)&#x0a;</xsl:text>" to
    "<xsl:text>Language=0x419 Russian&#x0a;</xsl:text>" in
    "..\Sandcastle\ProductionTransforms\ReflectionToChmProject.xsl" but
    all the same the full-text search don't work for russian words.

I have:

[OPTIONS]
    Compatibility=1.1 or later
    Compiled file=test.chm
    Contents file=test.hhc
    Default topic=html/N_TestNamespace.htm
    Display compile progress=No
    Full-text search=Yes
    Index file=test.hhk
    Language=0x419 Russian

in test.hhp file. 'Language' whether was set to '0x409 English (United States)'
    or to '0x419 Russian', all the same the full-text search don't work for russian words. It works fine for english words.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:26 PM

All replies

• Eddy,

I am checking on this and will let you know an answer. Thanks for reporting this.

Anand..

Sunday, August 26, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Thank you, Anand

I'm download Sandcastle (September 2007 CTP version) , installed it and checked it's work. First time, changing file "..\Sandcastle\Examples\sandcastle\build_Sandcastle.bat" and run it to build CHM file for my .Net assembly. I'm find out that the full-text search don't work for russian words. It works fine for english words.

Second time, I'm adding  <language id="1049" codepage="65001" name="0x0419 Russia" /> to ..\Sandcastle\ProductionTools\ChmBuilder.config file, and changing

"ChmBuilder.exe /project:%2 /htmlSurpriseutput\html /lcid:1033 /toc:Toc.xml /out:Chm" to

"ChmBuilder.exe /project:%2 /htmlSurpriseutput\html /lcid:1049 /toc:Toc.xml /out:Chm, and

"DBCSFix.exe /d:Chm /l:1033" to

"DBCSFix.exe /d:Chm /l:1049" in "..\Sandcastle\Examples\sandcastle\build_Sandcastle.bat" file.

Run build_Sandcastle.bat out, and after it, viewing  CHM file. It's fine full-text search work for russian words.

Eddy

Friday, October 19, 2007 10:20 AM