none
Visual Studio 2017 Pro - Product Key - Microsoft is Stupid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I wasted entire day, and I think that Microsoft is stupid. 

1. A subscription was allocated to me (by a person who takes care of the licensing in our company) - long time ago (11/2016)

2. I then received an email from MSDN Benefits <MSDNBenefits@microsoft.com> stating that my:

First Name

Last Name

Email

Subscriber ID:

Subscription level: Visual Studio Professional with MSDN 

3. I'm not sure if I've clicked the "activate your subscription button" back then, but I guess I did and it was not going well and I had no time to fight it so I've dropped a ball on it until today

3. Today however, I wasted the ENTIRE DAY !!! fighting this :) 

4. When i click on "activate your subscription" it takes me here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0   

which is totally irrelevant

5. When I click on: Visual Studio Customer Service Center. It gets me to my account but when I click on the link "Subscriber Access" then it switches my account to my PRIVATE account with a different email :)  Imagine how thankful am I to Microsoft for doing that :) 

6.  So, I'm thinking: I should use a server to log on with the company account since it has no knowledge of my private account 

7. So I manage to log on (BUT ONLY FIRST TIME - SECOND TIME IT TELLS ME MY ACCOUNT DOESN'T EXIST) - and I go to see my subscription and I can only see the DEV essential subscription

8. I've got the information from the licensing person from our company  that the subscription is still active (a screenshot - so I know she is not lying)

9. So I go to the support and I try to set up a Live Chat :) just to find out that after filling all the boxes and describing the issue, when you click Start you get information that the Office is now closed and you should come back tomorrow between 8:00 and 17:00 :) 

So I wasted the entire day, but no worries - Bill Gates still earned a lot of money so the future is bright I guess :) 

All I need  - is the 25 character code . 

Ideas ?

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Friday, September 29, 2017 6:00 AM
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is to talk about visual studio IDE, I will move your thread to Feedback and Discussions MSDN Subscriptions Feedback , thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 29, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Hi there, 

I wasted entire day, and I think that Microsoft is stupid. 

1. A subscription was allocated to me (by a person who takes care of the licensing in our company) - long time ago (11/2016)

2. I then received an email from MSDN Benefits <MSDNBenefits@microsoft.com> stating that my:

First Name

Last Name

Email

Subscriber ID:

Subscription level: Visual Studio Professional with MSDN 

3. I'm not sure if I've clicked the "activate your subscription button" back then, but I guess I did and it was not going well and I had no time to fight it so I've dropped a ball on it until today

3. Today however, I wasted the ENTIRE DAY !!! fighting this :) 

4. When i click on "activate your subscription" it takes me here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0   

which is totally irrelevant

5. When I click on: Visual Studio Customer Service Center. It gets me to my account but when I click on the link "Subscriber Access" then it switches my account to my PRIVATE account with a different email :)  Imagine how thankful am I to Microsoft for doing that :) 

6.  So, I'm thinking: I should use a server to log on with the company account since it has no knowledge of my private account 

7. So I manage to log on (BUT ONLY FIRST TIME - SECOND TIME IT TELLS ME MY ACCOUNT DOESN'T EXIST) - and I go to see my subscription and I can only see the DEV essential subscription

8. I've got the information from the licensing person from our company  that the subscription is still active (a screenshot - so I know she is not lying)

9. So I go to the support and I try to set up a Live Chat :) just to find out that after filling all the boxes and describing the issue, when you click Start you get information that the Office is now closed and you should come back tomorrow between 8:00 and 17:00 :) 

So I wasted the entire day, but no worries - Bill Gates still earned a lot of money so the future is bright I guess :) 

All I need  - is the 25 character code . 

Ideas ?

Dear btsDeveloper,

I suppose that you are not aware of that the MSDN Subscription has been migrated to Visual Studio Subscription. Please check this link on how to activate your Visual Studio subscription.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64b37019-90cf-4633-a4c6-349512c33427/activating-subscription-with-work-email-and-subscription-id?forum=msdnfeedback

If you still need help please don't hesitate to reply here.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/237697e9-8504-4686-a19b-642cb3fd7393/how-to-contact-visual-studio-subscription-support-step-by-step-tutorial-w-screenshots?forum=msdnfeedback https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64b37019-90cf-4633-a4c6-349512c33427/activating-subscription-with-work-email-and-subscription-id?forum=msdnfeedback

Friday, September 29, 2017 10:46 AM