Bring back windows 7 aero

General discussion

• I think that for the desktop the "new" aero doesn't look as nice as the windows 7 version. Its too square and does not have the pretty "glass" effect. I know this is only a DP and does not pertain to metro, but I think it should be done. Windows 7 aero was/is the king of a beautiful desktop UI.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 1:05 AM

All replies

• I actually love the new design!
    de gustibus non est disputadum.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Monday, September 19, 2011 1:41 AM
  • Ok, so now that there is conflicting views on this... make it an option for either or. 😏 I guess I just assumed that everyone liked W7 one more... so like I said make it an option to bring it back.

Monday, September 19, 2011 1:48 AM
  • Yeah I can see it work as an option - kind of like the old windows themes still being supported.
    But like I said, "No dispute about taste" (it's the translation of the latin phrase, roughly).

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

Monday, September 19, 2011 1:51 AM
  • +1. It's a matter of taste. I especially liked the caption buttons in Aero which glowed when hovered. The new style doesn't glow them. Please keep both styles available. Not so hard to give an option is it?

Monday, September 19, 2011 3:54 PM
  • True :)

Monday, September 19, 2011 4:01 PM
  • I actually like the Windows 8 Aero UI a little better.  Definitely would be cool to see the Windows 7 Aero UI as an option though.

Monday, September 19, 2011 4:20 PM