Powerpivot connected to SSRS Report - User Cannot refresh data RRS feed

• Question

• I've been asked to demonstrate a PowerPivot workbook that is connected to a SSRS Model & Report. So this is what I've done:

1. Using the model & Report Builder, I've built a report that represents the Facts & Dimensions.
    2. I've then created an Excel Powerpivot Workbook, which connects to teh Report and establishes relationships between the facts & dimensions.
    3. I've then created a powerpivot worksheet with a barchart.

I then uploaded the workbook to Sharepoint, and when I click on it, the Excel Workbook correctly appears in the browser, and I am able to use the slicers to slice & dice the data.

However, I'm now trying to understand how to give other users access to this worksheet, and I've run into trouble.

In sharepoint, I created a group called "PowerPivot Users" - This user has:

- Access to the Model
    - Access to the Report I created in step 1
    - Access to the Document Library I uploaded the Workbook to

When my user opens the Workbook in Sharepoint, the worksheet renders correctly in the browser, however, as soon as they attempt to use a slicer, they get this error:

Unable to refresh data for a data connection in the workboook. Try again or contact your system administrator.

The model, report, and Excel Workbook are all held under the same site, but across document libraries.

• On the model, he has Read, View Only permissions (The model's DS uses SQL Authentication, not Windows)
    • On the report, he has View Only permissions
    • On the Excel Workbook, he has Limited Access, View Only permissions

Can anyone advise on where I might be going wrong?

Many thanks.

Friday, May 31, 2013 6:58 AM

Answers