Question about a few bugs - The connection status in the icon tray reads all grey bars and the connection seems to drop frequently

Question

• I know, encountering bugs was inevitable, but is there a possibility to manually resolve some of these? The ones I notice are: 1) The connection status in the icon tray (Regardless if the computer is, or is not connected to the internet) reads all grey bars. 2) The connection also seems to drop out frequently. Using diagnostic brings up "Windows Wireless Service in not running". 3) I cannot see or connect to any other network other than the one I had previous to installing the Developer Preview. 4) Internet sharing doesn't seem to work for some things (i.e. I tried connecting the xbox via Ethernet for ICS and it fails to connect to the internet.) I think number 4 might be more or less of a bug. But The main issue I have is the connection dropout's. The drivers are updated but this doesn't help much.

Sorry for the trouble. Thanks!

Friday, September 23, 2011 3:30 AM

Answers

• Have you tried doing a System reset? This can be found under your Metro control panel.
    Also, before doing so, make sure you have all the necesary drivers installed.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Ian10235,

Can you give me more details of your computer and your network?  Are you able to run Windows Update lately?

Friday, September 23, 2011 7:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Make sure you file them using the Feedback tool.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 12:12 AM
  • The computer had Vista pre-installed when I first got it, if that helps. It had Windows 7 recently as well. Now it's on Windows 8 Developer Preview.

I use a belkin wireless modem (I can't find or remember the model or number). The wireless adapter is a Linksys WMP54G PCI. I ran windows update just yesterday actually. The only update available was a security update. It's connected right now but I expect it to drop out any second. I can get it back up temporarily via diagnostics. I hope this helps a bit.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 1:19 AM
  • Have you tried doing a System reset? This can be found under your Metro control panel.
    Also, before doing so, make sure you have all the necesary drivers installed.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:26 PM