none
Cannot get a good url for mp4 RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, this is my first time trying to use Azure Media Services.

I uploaded an mp4 file to Asset(s) and on the first try I just published it because in my thinking it was encoded already being an mp4. I encrypted(DRM) and published for streaming and got the following url:

http://stbmedia-usea.streaming.media.azure.net/7d75fffb-7a55-40d9-896c-9e6c6a8bed73/An Invitation.ism/manifest

The player I am trying to use is looking for an mp4 extension and as you can see it is not.  I'm thinking I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

Mike

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:12 PM

All replies

• Are you trying to do adaptive streaming or just simple progressive download playback of the MP4 file. 

You said that your player only supports .mp4 file? What player are you using?

Our DRM support does not work with just standard MP4 files.  You need to use either HLS or MPEG-DASH streaming with DRM.  Which DRM are you trying to setup?

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:17 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.

I am not sure on the type of streaming it is but I did choose streaming as opposed to progressive.  And Drm.

I am trying to upload an mp4 file up to AMS so I could use the url to add to Rokiosk.  Rokiosk is a program on the Roku site that allows the monitor/s to become an information kiosk.   Rokiosk allows jpeg's,  png's, and for movies-- mp4's.

I was using a trial for Amazon Media Services but found out that Azure had media services and since we had an account for Azure...

With Amazon, the url was available after an upload and just had to copy and then paste the  url in Rokiosk.  I am not sure why with the file already an mp4 file, why encryption would have to be done and then publish.  If a publish only is done, I only get the 'progressive' option and the url in my original post is generated.  

Thanks 

Mike

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:00 PM