none
Aspect library for .NET RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

let me firstly explain what i would like to do:

We've developed a graphics api for the .net framework. The licensing mechanism should be added to methods without the need of editing source files. For the java edition we used AspectJ to realize such requirements. With AspectJ we could write our own aspected where the licensing was post-compiled into already compiled java byte code. The configuration was done easily by a special syntax where we could define method patterns and the corresponding aspects such as checking if license was set correctly. This process is also known as compile weaving.

I'm looking for a .net api who can basically the same. I've already checked out some frameworks but each of them lacked in some features.

What i'm looking for:

1. aspect oriented api

2. which is up to date

3. which is updated in future to support next releases of .net frameworks

4. which supports post-compile weaving

5. which supports configuration of aspects and pointcuts easily without editing code

These api missed some functionality

1. PostSharp - Adding of aspect is done by adding annotations to methods. There is no benefit of it cos it has to be done in all classes and methods.

2. Spring.NET - Is quite powerful but it doesn't support compile weaving only runtime weaving.

3. AspectSharp, AspectDNG etc. - In my point of view the apis and the websites haven't been updated for a long time.

Maybe some knows a suitable framework.

Thanks.

Bye Sven

• Moved by spacewrangler Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:01 AM (Moved from Building Development and Diagnostic Tools for .Net to Common Language Runtime)
    Friday, January 23, 2009 10:50 AM

All replies

• Have a look at Avanade's Version of the enterprise library, it has supported weaving and Aspects for several years now.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 1:08 AM