How do I remove the PackageRootFolder key for an uninstalled app?

Question

• I've been working on an app for the Windows Store, and during development, I moved the project directory from a subfolder in my (back then, SkyDrive) to my local Documents folder. However, I can no longer deploy this app because the PackageRootFolder key still points to the old location, which no longer exists.

I've tried uninstalling the app via the Start Screen to no avail, and Windows refuses to allow me to alter or delete the registry key, which I'd attempted as a last-resort manual fix for the problem.

How can I resolve this?

Friday, August 22, 2014 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

To remove the app which does not exist I would recommend you to ask at this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1?tab=Threads

Have you also tried with Remove-AppxPackage by execute it in power shell? Could clean the solution and re-deploy it to Windows by Visual Studio be a solution?

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 25, 2014 11:16 AM
  • Hi James,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already tried rebuilding the solution and deploying again, but the error persists.

I believe I have also tried the PowerShell approach, but as I'm not sure, I will attempt that method and reply again.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 11:09 AM