ComponentProperty and type safety RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to declare a ComponentyProperty connection point and make it's value a custom type versus just an object? This lack of type safety seems like a real deal breaker to me.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 11:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

You will notice the same restriction on other types of connection points like for example commands. Please rest assured that we have already looked into this but unfortunately we were not able to finish this in time for CTP1. So, no, for now object is all we've got but please stay tuned and watch out for changes in a future releases.

Best regards

Dennis "D.C." Dietrich

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 11:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

You will notice the same restriction on other types of connection points like for example commands. Please rest assured that we have already looked into this but unfortunately we were not able to finish this in time for CTP1. So, no, for now object is all we've got but please stay tuned and watch out for changes in a future releases.

Best regards

Dennis "D.C." Dietrich

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 11:53 PM
  • That sounds like we really plan on putting it in (and it may already be there), but I can't make any promises!

In all seriousness I am pretty impressed with what you guys have been able to pull off so far. I am looking forard to watching this project mature.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 3:07 AM
  • Hi

Can we declare a ComponentProperty Connection point a custom type? I am not able to do this in July CTP2

Thanks
    AllTec
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 5:57 PM