How Can I check that my remove server's some of the process hung or not? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My scenarios is below.

We have 5 servers on production and all server's on NLB. Some times some of the process is hung on one of the server and application is throwing exception till we kill the process from that server. (Other 4 servers are working but 20% users get exception)

I would link to know is there any way to check remotely that process is hung and can we kill and restart?

Regards,

Mitesh Sheth

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Mitesh,

Glad to see you again:)

Based on your description, we didn’t find the information which is related to the unit test project in VS, so it seems that it is not the test project issue, am I right?

But I did some research about it, to check the processes which are hung, one possible suggestion is that you could collect them with code.

Reference:

Identifying hung process remotely

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Thank you very much for prompt response. I got solution from your replay's link.

• Marked as answer by Mitesh Sheth Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:28 PM
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Mitesh,

Glad to see you again:)

Based on your description, we didn’t find the information which is related to the unit test project in VS, so it seems that it is not the test project issue, am I right?

But I did some research about it, to check the processes which are hung, one possible suggestion is that you could collect them with code.

Reference:

Identifying hung process remotely

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Thank you very much for prompt response. I got solution from your replay's link.

• Marked as answer by Mitesh Sheth Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:28 PM
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:28 PM