BizTalk2010 AS2 Receive error on 202 Accepted RRS feed

• Question

• we have an AS2 connection with GXS that is working fine except that when GXS responds with "202 Accepted" the response is put in the message box as an error because "An AS2 message was received that did not contain the AS2-From header..
     The sequence number of the suspended message is 2. "  The receive Port is setup as a Request-Response.  The receive location receive pipeline is "AS2EDIReceive" and the send pipeline is setup as AS2 send
    Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:55 PM

Answers

• After working with GXS for over a week they finally let lose a vital piece of information. GXS is setup to only do async MDMs. when they tried to do a sync MDM they received the same error on their side. I changed the AS2 agreement to request async MDMs and then change the outbound AS2 port to GXS to be one-way AS2Send and the problem went away.
    Monday, June 29, 2015 2:35 PM

All replies

• This Error indicates BizTalk Server could not process the incoming AS2 message because the message did not contain an AS2-From header indicating the source of the message. An AS2 message must have an AS2-From header. The message will be suspended if it does not have an AS2-From header.

Ensure the sending party adds an AS2-To header to the HTTP, AS2, and MIME header of the AS2 message before sending it.

Refer: An AS2 message was received that did not contain the AS2-From header

ERROR: An AS2 message was received that did not contain the AS2-From header

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Friday, June 12, 2015 8:24 AM
  • So even the low level server handshakes like a 202 require the AS2 information? I'll put in a support ticket with GXS to change their settings. 
    Friday, June 12, 2015 12:47 PM
  • I'm going to have start another question. Your answer may be technically correct but the GXS helpdesk isn't understanding the problem. 

Thanks for your reply.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:30 PM
  • I'm sorry but you can't really mark that as an answer. the 'answer' was the result of a simple web search about the error code in the question. I could write a simple bot to search questions and create a generic response in a couple of hours.   There was no insight passed along or discussion of how to address the issue with a 3rd party.
    Friday, June 19, 2015 12:29 PM
  • After working with GXS for over a week they finally let lose a vital piece of information. GXS is setup to only do async MDMs. when they tried to do a sync MDM they received the same error on their side. I changed the AS2 agreement to request async MDMs and then change the outbound AS2 port to GXS to be one-way AS2Send and the problem went away.
    Monday, June 29, 2015 2:35 PM
  • You just saved my day! Thank you for posting the solution!

Pieter Vandenheede - Codit

Friday, March 2, 2018 9:27 AM
  • I've written a blog about the issue here: https://pvandenheede.wordpress.com/2018/03/02/biztalk-as2-asynchronous-mdn-error-with-202-accepted/

Pieter Vandenheede - Codit

Friday, March 2, 2018 11:21 PM