none
Unable to retrieve Resource and Project Custom Fields Data from Reporting Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have created few Custom Fields for resource and project.

Know I want to query Reporting Database to retrieve values of custom fields i had defined.

Kindly let me know which table contains information of these custom fields and their values.

Regards,

Mehar

Saturday, October 6, 2012 9:17 PM

Answers

• Once your projects have been published (after creating the custom fields and entering data) they will appear in teh reporting db. The easiest way to retrieve Custom field data is:

Project Custom fields: dbo.MSP_EpmProject_UserView

Task Custom fields: dbo.MSP_EpmTask_UserView

Resource Custom fields: dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView

These UserView Views (not Tables) automatically get relevant custom fields added to them.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Saturday, October 6, 2012 10:43 PM

All replies

• Once your projects have been published (after creating the custom fields and entering data) they will appear in teh reporting db. The easiest way to retrieve Custom field data is:

These UserView Views (not Tables) automatically get relevant custom fields added to them.

Rod Gill

Saturday, October 6, 2012 10:43 PM

Rod Gill

Hi Rod, 

Those columns are enterprise columns, so I think no published required there. Then I updated the resources... so no publish there either.

I queried the above Views, columns are there but they are showing NULL value.

Regards,

Mehar

Sunday, October 7, 2012 12:43 PM