difference between running silverlight in browser and running out of browser... RRS feed

• Question

• hi to all silverlight experts... i am very new to SL... i want your expert opinion on the difference between running silverlight application in browser and running out of browser...

thanks in advance...

Monday, August 15, 2011 8:20 PM

Answers

• the most significant difference is that many of the security restrictions on Silverlight are lifted when running out of browser and trusted and your application is at that point more like a desktop application.  The trade-off is that the application must be installed by the end user and has a more "permanent" footprint on the client pc than when running embedded in an HTML page so you really need to determine whether the additional functionality (COM interop, file system access to certain folders without user interaction through file dialogs at the top of the list) is absolutely necessary to fulfill the needs of your app.

Monday, August 15, 2011 9:01 PM

All replies

• the most significant difference is that many of the security restrictions on Silverlight are lifted when running out of browser and trusted and your application is at that point more like a desktop application.  The trade-off is that the application must be installed by the end user and has a more "permanent" footprint on the client pc than when running embedded in an HTML page so you really need to determine whether the additional functionality (COM interop, file system access to certain folders without user interaction through file dialogs at the top of the list) is absolutely necessary to fulfill the needs of your app.

Monday, August 15, 2011 9:01 PM
  • thanks for making my concept's to both of you Sir...

you people ROCKKK !!!

Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:10 PM