none
winCE huawei Drivers RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i would like to send SMS via huawei e160 using ebox 3300. Are the drivers available or is there any easier way of doing it?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:25 PM

All replies

• it's a n USB HSDPA stick, isn't it? You need at minimum a device driver whcih handles the key at a 'low' level, i.e. a device driver which exposes one (or more) serial ports of your device: you have to figure out the USB chip inside the key (maybe seeing how it's handled in a Windows desktop OS) and find out a Windows CE device driver for it. If the chip adheres to the CDC-ACM USB class you may use %_WINCEROOT%\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\USB\CLASS\USBSER. Once you have a serial port you can use AT commands to send the messages.

one additional step (but you still need the above mentioned driver) is to create a RIL PDD layer for your HSDPA modem to take advantage of the CELLCORE and  the SMS Provider component. If you simply need to send an SMS you probably stay on the AT command

--
    Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded)
    lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom
    www.eurotech.com

"aceguy" <=?utf-8?B?YWNlZ3V5?=> ha scritto nel messaggio news:03f63acf-bd91-4a60-bc31-91c6dab3030e...

hi,

i would like to send SMS via huawei e160 using ebox 3300. Are the drivers available or is there any easier way of doing it?

Thanks

Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:09 AM