none
System.NullReferenceException at WCF- Custom Send Port RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am getting the below error since today morning when trying to send a message to the Oracle DB. Kindly help me on this error since the description of the error doesnt have any details.

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "CodecoDBSend" with URL "oracledb://ibox11g/". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:
       at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.SendAsyncResult.End(SendAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndRequest(IAsyncResult result)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.IRequestChannel.EndRequest(IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.RequestCallback(IAsyncResult result)".

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, November 10, 2014 8:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Vivin,

If I were you, I would have tried the smallest sample that I know for sure would work with the adapter.

That would rule out if there are any setup related issues / DLL missings etc.,

Once you rule that out, you can check what message is going out, what properties are present in the context by stopping the send port. Ensure that you have all the properties set.

Btw, when you say that you are getting from morning.. does it mean it was working before and it started throwing errors now?

Praveen Behara
    MCST : BizTalk Server 2006 R2, 2010

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:34 AM
    Monday, November 10, 2014 11:52 AM
  • I had seen this similar issues when i was working with SAP adapter. Your problem is with your message itself which is invalid with respect to your schema (element doesn't have value etc). And if you don't validate your message, wcf adapter does it for you before sending.

In order to troubleshoot this, I would suggest to take a copy of the message instance which you are trying to send to Oracle (via logging/archiving if you have, or adding a subscriber to the same message and dumping it to the filesystem using passthrough pipeline). Once you have the message instance try validating that with the oracle schema and you will see what the issue is.

Please mark it as Answer if this answers your question
    Thanks.
    Mo
    The contents I write here is my personal views, not the view of my employer and anyone else.

Monday, November 10, 2014 11:14 PM

All replies

• Do u see any details in event vwr.

Regards <br/> When you see answers and helpful posts,<br/> please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Monday, November 10, 2014 9:54 AM
  • The above details have been taken from the event viewer only.

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, November 10, 2014 10:26 AM
  • Hi Vivin,

If I were you, I would have tried the smallest sample that I know for sure would work with the adapter.

That would rule out if there are any setup related issues / DLL missings etc.,

Once you rule that out, you can check what message is going out, what properties are present in the context by stopping the send port. Ensure that you have all the properties set.

Btw, when you say that you are getting from morning.. does it mean it was working before and it started throwing errors now?

Praveen Behara
    MCST : BizTalk Server 2006 R2, 2010

Monday, November 10, 2014 11:52 AM
  • Indeed I am trying with smallest sample. Also this was a application which was working previously. And im pretty sure there is no DLL missing or setup related issues.

Regards, Vivin.

Monday, November 10, 2014 12:04 PM
  • I had seen this similar issues when i was working with SAP adapter. Your problem is with your message itself which is invalid with respect to your schema (element doesn't have value etc). And if you don't validate your message, wcf adapter does it for you before sending.

In order to troubleshoot this, I would suggest to take a copy of the message instance which you are trying to send to Oracle (via logging/archiving if you have, or adding a subscriber to the same message and dumping it to the filesystem using passthrough pipeline). Once you have the message instance try validating that with the oracle schema and you will see what the issue is.

Please mark it as Answer if this answers your question
    Thanks.
    Mo
    The contents I write here is my personal views, not the view of my employer and anyone else.

Monday, November 10, 2014 11:14 PM