Memcached returning NULL intermittently RRS feed

• Question

• User-425639139 posted

I am facing an issue while retrieving the Cache Value using ElastiCache and Enyim Memcached. Sometimes the Key returns the value and sometimes it just returns NULL. I have not been able to track this down, any help would be great. I also wrote a Test for Caching 1000 Numbers and when I get them using a loop sometimes I get all Values and sometimes only few.
    Has anyone faced issue while retrieving the Cache Value using ElastiCache and Enyim Memcached ?

Friday, February 14, 2020 7:59 PM

All replies

• User1535942433 posted

Hi ankit.sri,

Accroding to your description, could you tell us  if the ElastiCache is used by amazon?

Could you post your current codes to us?It will help us solve your problems more faster.

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

Monday, February 17, 2020 5:15 AM
  • User-425639139 posted

ElastiCache is AWS's product and is hosted by them. 

Following is how I am creating the Memcached Client and then just using the Client to Store and retrive the Cache Values using Unique Keys:

<ins>_client = new MemcachedClient</ins>(<ins>new</ins> <ins>ElastiCacheClusterConfig(</ins>)<ins>)</ins>;
    Wednesday, February 19, 2020 3:38 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

Memcached is a LRU cache, not a database like Redis. Items expire. If you don't want items to expire, use AWS Redis

Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:42 PM