Frontend Javascript framework for Asp .Net MVC RRS feed

• Question

• User-824531797 posted

Hello

Have been using AngularJS as the frontend framework for our Asp .NET MVC Multi-page apps (MPA). We have normal controllers and razor views on the server side, and then use AngularJS in the browser for two-way data binding.

I understand now AngularJS is in LTS mode, and would like to make the shift to its successor Angular.

Need an example of using it for data-binding on the client side, while keeping the server side structure intact. Most examples visible on the web are showing SPA, which is NOT what we are looking for.

Kindly provide

Thanks

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:48 PM

Answers

• User-474980206 posted

The current angular is a SPA framework. What you want to do is possible, but you will need to create your own build tools. A better choice rather than migrating to angular is to migrate to vue js. This is a common update choice, and vue supports  what you want. It may even be easier upgrade. two way data binding was considered a design flaw and the biggest change going to a more modern framework.

Note: I’m react developer and have no real experience with angular or vue. I have been converting my MPA apps to SPA just to simplify app builds (hot module loading is great). Also makes state management easier.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2021 3:26 PM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted

The current angular is a SPA framework. What you want to do is possible, but you will need to create your own build tools. A better choice rather than migrating to angular is to migrate to vue js. This is a common update choice, and vue supports  what you want. It may even be easier upgrade. two way data binding was considered a design flaw and the biggest change going to a more modern framework.

Note: I’m react developer and have no real experience with angular or vue. I have been converting my MPA apps to SPA just to simplify app builds (hot module loading is great). Also makes state management easier.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2021 3:26 PM
  • User-824531797 posted

Thanks Bruce.

We started using vue.js and yes it seems to support what we want.

Thursday, April 8, 2021 9:08 AM