You do not have permission to view this directory or page. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm getting the above error when trying to view a MVC 4 site. My site has been developed using .Net4.5, currently this is on a BizSpark subscription. I've configured the site to use framework version 4.5, I've detailed error messages & failed request tracing turned on. Although I'm yet to see anything named Falied Requests in the LogFiles folder using Filezilla.

I can browse to an Index.html file if i place one in the site/wwwroot folder but this isn't what i'm after. The Home/Index route of my MVC site is whats required. The site works when published on my local machine running windows 8.

I must be missing something, please can someone help resolve this.

Many Thanks

Monday, November 3, 2014 3:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• What's your authentication mode in web.config?
    Monday, November 3, 2014 4:10 PM
  • <authentication mode="Forms">
          <forms loginUrl="~/Login/Login" timeout="2880" />
        </authentication>
    Monday, November 3, 2014 4:16 PM
  • How is the configuration under your virtual directory where is the site published? Are you able to access the login page?

Monday, November 3, 2014 4:45 PM
  • All the site files are within the /site/wwwroot folder.

No I get the following message,

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

The Home/Index page I'm expecting to get to is a welcome page with links to the login page.

Monday, November 3, 2014 4:52 PM
  • Hi,

I would suggest you to follow the steps from this link and check if it helps, similar issue has been discussed here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2422542/asp-net-mvc-not-serving-default-document

Let us know the results so that we can assist you better.

Regards,
    Azam Khan

Thursday, November 13, 2014 7:31 AM
  • You only have to set the authentication on 'Azure Active Directory' to allow web browsers access to the app.
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:26 AM