none
How to change the monitor color RRS feed

• Question

• Now, I want to change the monitor color such as make a filter for the monitor. 

Who can tell me I should write a driver ?

And I can search the references in google or MSDN by which keyword?

Thanks

Sunday, March 2, 2014 4:18 AM

Answers

• you would need to filter the grfx gpu stack in some form. it is not an irp based model, it is entirely callback driven. not a simple task. as brian says, you can alter what is rendered in UM

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:54 AM

All replies

• not sure what you are asking. You want to change the color of the image rendered on the screen? The monitor driver stack doesn't control that, the gpu does. What is your bigger goal?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, March 2, 2014 7:23 AM
  • I want to change the monitor's color,such as change each pixel RBG.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:11 AM
  • Does it have to be from a driver? You can do this from a user-mode application using GetDIBits, modify the bitmap, and then write it back using SetDIBits.

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:17 AM
  • you would need to filter the grfx gpu stack in some form. it is not an irp based model, it is entirely callback driven. not a simple task. as brian says, you can alter what is rendered in UM

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:54 AM
  • Thanks.

But I wanna change the color of the screen at any time whenever I run any program , and I want to have a high performance. 
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 12:40 PM
  • Thanks.

But I wanna change the color of the screen at any time whenever I run any program , and I want to have a high performance. 

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 12:41 PM
  • There is no simple, or even mildly difficult way to do that. What you're trying to do is very difficult. It is certainly possible to do, but you'll need to become intimately familiar with the Windows Display Driver Model and Windows internals.

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 9:33 PM
  • Thanks.

Could you know that where I can find the Windows Display Driver Model sample?

Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:53 AM
  • there isn't one. what is the bigger problem you are trying to solve?

Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:18 AM
  • I just want to add a filter to screen.
    Friday, March 7, 2014 3:14 AM