lower the audio volume when a VoIP call is received RRS feed

• Question

• I have submitted my Video player app to store and got feed back saying "The app does not lower the audio volume when a VoIP call is received". Couldn't find any sample or document regarding this issue. If some one can direct me to solution would be great help.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Sanji,

Definitely take a look at those documents again. There is a link to the Windows 8 sample pack in the Windows 8.1 sample page. I verified that they discuss and demonstrate dropping the volume during a VOIP call. Technically, this is a function of the way the background stream is declared and not specific code.

--Rob

Monday, October 21, 2013 5:36 AM

All replies

• This is called out in the Windows Store app UX test cases documentation and is demonstrated in the XAML media playback sample (Windows 8.1) 

--Rob

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:08 PM
  • Hi Rob

Couldn't find any word around the issue in above link. I am developing windows 8 store app. Would you be able to direct me.I have tested Xbox video player, even that player not down the volume when VOIP call coming.

Thanks

Friday, October 18, 2013 4:01 AM
  • Hi Sanji,

Definitely take a look at those documents again. There is a link to the Windows 8 sample pack in the Windows 8.1 sample page. I verified that they discuss and demonstrate dropping the volume during a VOIP call. Technically, this is a function of the way the background stream is declared and not specific code.

--Rob

Monday, October 21, 2013 5:36 AM