none
Outlook Ribbon developed in VS 2008 not loading in Office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I developed a custom form and custom Ribbon group in VS 2008 for the Outlook Journal.  I have been using this solution for Outlook 2007 for several years.  I recently upgraded to VS2010 and also to Office 2010.  I had no problem opening my old VS2008 solution in VS2010 and the custom form runs fine in Office 2010.  

The one problem that I have is that the custom Ribbon group (which was part of the Journal Entry tab) no longer loads automatically when I open a form.  If I right-click on the ribbon and choose Customize Ribbon, it is listed as already added to the Ribbon on the right hand side.  If I uncheck and then recheck the "Journal" tab, after I press okay the custom group shows up. Each time I open an old entry, I have to do this in order for the group to show up.

The custom group is automatically present for any new entries.  It is only absent on old entries.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

stacey

Monday, November 14, 2011 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Spaceport729,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please tell me whether you customized your ribbon via xml?

Have a goo day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:22 AM
  • Hi Spaceport729,

Would you please provide the details? It's hard to say "Why" without any information about how you create the ribbon. I'm not sure about the issue which happen on your side will lead to this case. So I think whether you use Ribbon Xml to create Ribbon and you use different tag which defined in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, November 18, 2011 7:49 AM