VPN client failed in second attempt ( PPP negotiation stage). RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying out Aventail VPN client in windows 8 x86 PC.

After 1st time installation, it works fine. Once disconnect and trying to reconnect it fails in PPP negotiation phase. If i will uninstall and reinstall its again working for the 1st time. I have captured the pockets in both the working and non working condition but dont know how to upload the same here. Just attaching  the screen shot from NetMon.

I found that it fails in LCP negotiations phase.

My understanding is if it works for the 1st time it should work for the consecutive logins as the same code is running . Is OS is stopping some thing some where. I have tried with disabling firewall and antivirus as well but no luck.

Please let me know what else i need to do to make it work? Let me know if any one need the pocket capture.

Not Working capture:

Working capture.

Birajendu

Monday, March 19, 2012 5:39 AM

All replies

• With the above information, I would suggest posting in the Application Compatibility for Windows Desktop Development forum as I do not see a Windows API question to investigate here. I cannot move threads in these forums however, so if a Moderator of this forum doesn't move it for you, you will need to repost.

Thanks!

David Lamb

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:31 PM
  • Thanks,

I have moved to re-posted to the appropriate forum.

Birajendu

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:47 PM