Microsoft PowerPivot Engine has stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to import data into PowerPivot and am getting an error after any type of import.  I've tried importing via excel, text file, and SQL and get the same error each time.

There are two error messages:

1) A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avialalbe

2) A cmd screen also appeared with the following message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\10\SQLDUMPER.EXE

Unable to open file \\?\C:\Program FIles <x86>\Microsoft Analysis Sercives\AS OLEDB\10\FlightRecorderCurrent.trc, error 2

Friday, December 16, 2011 6:57 AM

Answers

• Hi drunksig,

There are several communities mentioned that:

Solved it by uninstalling PowerPivot and delete the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services folder with all the subfolders (well, actually I renamed the old one just incase) and then reinstalled PowerPivot.

I cannot reproduce this error, so I cannot try top solution to see whether it works for you, could you please have a try and give the feedback.

You can refer to this similar thread about the same error message http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel/thread/2620e183-31e9-42b9-8191-cee953cf0990 

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Challen Fu Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Challen Fu Sunday, December 25, 2011 7:37 AM
    Monday, December 19, 2011 9:00 AM
  • I ended up just reinstalling a fresh copy of powerpivot.

I did not delete or rename any files.  It appears to be working so far, I'm able to at least get information into PowerPivot and save it.

mike
    Monday, December 19, 2011 5:13 PM

All replies

• Hi drunksig,

There are several communities mentioned that:

Solved it by uninstalling PowerPivot and delete the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services folder with all the subfolders (well, actually I renamed the old one just incase) and then reinstalled PowerPivot.

I cannot reproduce this error, so I cannot try top solution to see whether it works for you, could you please have a try and give the feedback.

You can refer to this similar thread about the same error message http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel/thread/2620e183-31e9-42b9-8191-cee953cf0990 

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Challen Fu Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:21 AM
    Monday, December 19, 2011 9:00 AM
  • I ended up just reinstalling a fresh copy of powerpivot.

I did not delete or rename any files.  It appears to be working so far, I'm able to at least get information into PowerPivot and save it.

mike
    Monday, December 19, 2011 5:13 PM