none
StandAlone Service Fabric Clusters on Windows 2019 Server (1809)

Question

• We recently started using the 1809 server builds to address problems we had with accessing network shares from within a Docker Container using msGina. The results look promising on our 3 node StandAlone Service Fabric cluster running on 3 Windows 2019 servers (deployed on local VM's, not in Azure). How soon will Windows Server 2019 be a supported environment for running Standalone Service Fabric Clusters in a production environment?
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Pat. I am checking offline with some Service Fabric Product team members to see if they have any concrete dates we can share. I will update you once I hear back. Some members are out until next week so getting an answer might take a few days. 
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:27 AM
  • Hi Pat. I reached out to the Service Fabric product team on this and have been informed that they are currently running through testing scenarios around Server 2019. As you have found it does work and you can run your cluster on server 2019. That being said, we are still running some tests before we are able to state it is "Supported". Once it is officially through the testing scenarios we will be sure to update the docs and ensure everyone knows it is officially supported. 

We do not have an ETA when that will be completed. It is just a matter of how the continual tests go. 

Monday, February 4, 2019 8:42 PM
  • So then the parallel question would be a timeline for supporting 1809 in Azure Service Fabric (not standalone) as our goal would be to have similar powershell scripts for both the standalone and Azure.

Pat Piccolo

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:47 PM
  • Understood. I was not able to get an ETA on the timeline at this point in time. Just that they are working through the tests. I fi can find out more I will be sure to  get back to this thread and share that information. 
    • Proposed as answer by Pete Haze Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:19 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Pete Haze Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:19 PM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:04 PM
  • As of Service Fabric 6.4 refresh release 5, Windows Server 2019 is supported:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/azureservicefabric/2019/04/08/azure-service-fabric-6-4-refresh-release-5/

Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:20 PM