none
Publishing a service in biztalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an procedure in oracle which has some input parameter and sends a refcursor as ouptut. Now i want biztalk to read the input and pass it to the oracle database and publish the output as a service.

For this i have created an orchestartion and added the procedure (request and response) using add generated items.

What should be done in order to publish the output of the procedure as a service???

Regards, Vivin.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:50 AM

Answers

• So what i can understand is ,you need to expose your Orchestration/schema as service  from the schema generated from Oracle Stored procedure 

below are the steps :

Right-click on the project name and select Add -> Add Generated Items… >Select ConsumeAdapterService and click Add. With a little luck you’ll get the Consume Adapter Service configuration screen. Select Oraclebinding from the drop-down, and enter the following for the URI: “://YourServerName//WCF-OracleTest?

You can build your Orchestration with the request response schema generated

Now you can have a schema exposed as wcf Service follow below link for that

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb246047.aspx

Thanks

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:34 AM
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:03 PM
  • Yes it has impact because the generated schema is of Oracle stored procedure type having Stored Procedure name as your rootnode name .

If you want to change the root name I would suggest to create similar schema having different root node  and map it to request schema .

Just to take care you need to expose schema as service again with request message to newly created  schema.

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, October 31, 2014 5:28 AM

All replies

• So what i can understand is ,you need to expose your Orchestration/schema as service  from the schema generated from Oracle Stored procedure 

below are the steps :

Right-click on the project name and select Add -> Add Generated Items… >Select ConsumeAdapterService and click Add. With a little luck you’ll get the Consume Adapter Service configuration screen. Select Oraclebinding from the drop-down, and enter the following for the URI: “://YourServerName//WCF-OracleTest?

You can build your Orchestration with the request response schema generated

Now you can have a schema exposed as wcf Service follow below link for that

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb246047.aspx

Thanks

Abhishek

Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:03 PM
  • Hi Abhishek,

I tried the solution and it is working fine. But i have some clarifications. When importing the schema using the consume adapter service the schema name (root node) is same as the procedure name. Will there be any impact if the same is changed to a different name. Also kindly advice if it is possible to return the response in a format other than the type returning now.

Regards, Vivin.

Friday, October 31, 2014 4:52 AM
  • Yes it has impact because the generated schema is of Oracle stored procedure type having Stored Procedure name as your rootnode name .

If you want to change the root name I would suggest to create similar schema having different root node  and map it to request schema .

Just to take care you need to expose schema as service again with request message to newly created  schema.

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, October 31, 2014 5:28 AM