Blend: Page is not supported in a Windows App project

Question

• Hi,

I am wondering if this is a bug: "Page is not supported in a Windows App project". I get this error in Blend. I attached a screenshot.

I get this error every now and then but not every time. I do not change anything, restart Blend and it works. Sometimes I have to try this twice. This time I had to try this 5 times till it finally worked.

Best Regards

Sunday, December 2, 2012 11:42 AM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this issue. When you get into this state next time. Can you please get the dump of the XdesProc & Blend.exe and send it to me. You can contact me directly at harikm@microsoft.com.

Dev@Mic

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:18 AM
  • Was there ever a solution for this issue, it's happening to me now and renders Blend useless?
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 3:07 PM
  • I am having the same problem, have been unable to use Blend since applying Visual Studio 2012 Update 2.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:57 PM
  • I'm also having the problem, also have VS2012 update 2.

Has a resolution been found?

Monday, June 10, 2013 8:52 AM
  • Installing the latest Update 3 RC did the trick for me:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39067

• Proposed as answer by TomVers Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:34 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:34 AM
  • If you are still looking for an answer to this (which I hope not), I would like to share the solution with others to prevent having others spend hours trying to solve the problem.

SYMPTOM: Right click on a XAML page in Visual Studio's Solution Explorer and select "Open in Blend" with more than one project in the solution (such as a universal app). Blend opens with the screenshot above, but you will notice that Blend shows you in the solution explorer that ONLY the one project has been opened. This keeps required dependencies and NuGet packages from loading.

WORKAROUND: Open the solution up in Blend manually.

Microsoft: When can we get a fix to open the entire solution when automating it for us as Universal Apps do not work as expected?

Thomas Mullen

Monday, October 20, 2014 10:32 PM