Number of printed pages vs number of pages shown in browser RRS feed

• Question

• Help!?!?

I'm going grazy! I have several reports. In the browser the report browser says there are 10 pages. But when I hit print there are 16. What can I do to get te number of pages in the browser the same as there are actually printed? (A4). I've tryied to resize my report etc.. Nothing changed..

Anyone?

Grtz,
    Jorryt de Vries
    The Hague

Friday, June 23, 2006 8:58 AM

Answers

• The controls display the # of pages when rendering in the controls.  It is calculated differently than the page count for printing.  This behavior is by design.
    Friday, June 23, 2006 6:56 PM

All replies

• The controls display the # of pages when rendering in the controls.  It is calculated differently than the page count for printing.  This behavior is by design.
    Friday, June 23, 2006 6:56 PM
  • I guess that is the weird thing about HTML reporting, for me this is unpredictable as long as you have more than 1 page ;-). AFAIK and as far as I guess there is no workaround for displaying the same page number / count of pages like in a pdf.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

---
    http://www.sqlserver2005.de
    ---

Friday, June 23, 2006 6:57 PM
  • The issue is that for the viewer controls, pagination is optimized for readability.  For things like print, we have to optmize for keeping everything on the actual physical printed page.

Friday, June 23, 2006 11:59 PM