none
Ews exchange 2007 -query for message id through webservice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

can any one help me  write a ews script to query message id of sent email messages.

i would like to monitor sent email for message id.

or example on which method can i use to find the message id.

Thanks

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:26 PM

Answers

• Hello dingel,

The scenario of some mails not being delivered is outside my area of expertise. This issue probably has nothing to do with EWS and your program and more with some Exchange setting or action by users. EWS confirms whether the mail was successfully created and submitted for delivery. EWS does not confirm whether the mail actually reached its destination.

You will want to work with an Exchange admin to discover what is happening to the lost emails. Are they actually being delivered, are their inbox rules handling them, are there any NDRs, are the mails stuck in a queue on the server, is AV deleting them, are they being moved to junk mail, or is it something else? I did a quick search in the forums for "mail not delivered": http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?query=mail%20not%20delivered&rq=meta:Search.MSForums.GroupID(aad95e03-e8e1-412a-899e-26ab840736d2)+site:microsoft.com&rn=All+Exchange+Server+Forums Take a look through these threads for more ideas why the mail is not being received at the destination. If you can't find the answer with the help of the Exchange admin, the forums, the Exchange Technet help, post the question to the General Discussions forum. 

With regards,

Michael | Microsoft Exchange SDK

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by dingel Sunday, January 2, 2011 6:30 AM
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hello dingel,

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has links to useful reference material that can help you find the answers to your questions. Within those references, the Searching for Items in a Mailbox topic contains a C# example of how to query the message id of email messages in the inbox. To make the example work for your purpose, change WellKnownFolderName.Inbox to WellKnownFolderName.SentItems, and remove the searchFilter object argument from the FindItems method.

With regards,

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:56 PM
  • Thank you Michael,

i will go ahead and read it ,but thats was exactly what i needed.

could you drop me an example how can i filter only on message id.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:44 PM
  • Hello dingel,

I'm not sure why you want to filter on the ItemId field since each identifier is unique. What are you trying to accomplish?

With regards,

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:18 PM
  • Hi Michael

my issue is as follow i have a mailing system with exchange 2007 ews.

we are using CreateItem\SendItem methods

ResponseClassType

we have this succes codes:

Members :

Error Indicates that the request could not be processed.
    Success Indicates that the request was successfully processed.
    Warning Indicates that an unusual situation was encountered during the processing of the request and the request may not have been processed successfully.

error Indicates that the request could not be processed. 
    Warning Indicates that an unusual situation was encountered during the processing of the request and the request may not have been processed successfully.

some mails are not sent or missing.

we would like to make sure that the message truly sent to the destination.

we need a code to get response from each message and to know that it has been sent to the recipient.

the question is to verify it -this system sends a thousend email a day ,some of them missing.

how can we verify that they are sent -can we only trust response class type?

could you tell me how can i know for sure if the message is sent to the recipient.

Thanks

Error Indicates that the request could not be processed.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:07 AM
  • Hello dingel,

The scenario of some mails not being delivered is outside my area of expertise. This issue probably has nothing to do with EWS and your program and more with some Exchange setting or action by users. EWS confirms whether the mail was successfully created and submitted for delivery. EWS does not confirm whether the mail actually reached its destination.

You will want to work with an Exchange admin to discover what is happening to the lost emails. Are they actually being delivered, are their inbox rules handling them, are there any NDRs, are the mails stuck in a queue on the server, is AV deleting them, are they being moved to junk mail, or is it something else? I did a quick search in the forums for "mail not delivered": http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?query=mail%20not%20delivered&rq=meta:Search.MSForums.GroupID(aad95e03-e8e1-412a-899e-26ab840736d2)+site:microsoft.com&rn=All+Exchange+Server+Forums Take a look through these threads for more ideas why the mail is not being received at the destination. If you can't find the answer with the help of the Exchange admin, the forums, the Exchange Technet help, post the question to the General Discussions forum. 

With regards,

• Marked as answer by dingel Sunday, January 2, 2011 6:30 AM
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:56 PM