none
Activex - mscomct2.ocx -> Failed to create control. Licence information for this component was not found. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i use software which has built VBA option scripts. I am allowed to use activex's. I try to use "Date and time Picker Control" from mscomct2.ocx but with no success. I get:

"Failed to create control. Licence information for this component was not found. Failed to create control".

I try to unregister and register many times but with no good results. I try to use it on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and also on Windows Server 2008 64-bit. The VB built in option is VisualBasic 6.5.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:43 AM

All replies

• Microsoft Windows Common Controls

Microsoft Windows Common Controls provided in the file mscomct2.ocx does not work in 64 bit versions of Microsoft Office. It will however work in 32 bit versions of Microsoft Office

Open a command prompt (as administrator in Windows Vista and Windows 7) from Windows Start > Run.

Windows 64 bit
    In 64 bit versions of Windows, MSCOMCT2.OCX will be required in the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    In that command window, type regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCT2.OCX" and press Enter. You will get a  message that it is registered. Restart the application and see if it works now.

Windows 32 bit
    In 32 bit versions of Windows, MSCOMCT2.OCX should be in the folder C:\Windows\System32
    In that command window, type regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\mscomct2.ocx" and press Enter. You will get a  message that it is registered. Restart the application and see if it works now.

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 1:52 PM
  • I try to un-register and register several times with no successed.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:49 PM