none
Having issue in one of the node of BizTalk RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    I have 4 nodes of biztalk in my prod. I am using one common .net dll that calls in my expression shape of Orchestration. That dll is in GAC.

    After some period of time I am getting below erron in only 1 node.

    System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The type initializer for "Dll Name"`1' threw an exception.

    As part of solution: I have replaced the other node dll with falty node. Restart the host instacne. It starts working.

    My common dll is huge and there are lots of method and variables.

    Thanks !

    Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:47 AM

Answers

  • Once you have GACed the common assembly in all the nodes and restarted the application pool (I see that the error is coming from System.ServiceModel.FaultException so I assume you have published the Orchestration as WCF service), the GACed version should have been used by the code deployed.

    But I have seen similar behaviour when you share the Application pool among multiple services where the service would fail to get the assembly from GAC. For BizTalk I would create a separate Application pool for the service which I publish. Try it. Create a separate Application pool, configure this to the service.



    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:26 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:26 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Sorry but the above description does not explains the problem clearly.

    Did you face this issue just once, when you replaced the faulty DLL with the correct one, or it this problem re-occuring everytime on a different node ?

    HTH,

    Sumit


    Sumit Verma - MCTS BizTalk 2006/2010 - Please indicate "Mark as Answer" or "Mark as Helpful" if this post has answered the question

    Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:58 AM
  • It was working fine in all nodes.

    Suddenly after few days only 1 node start getting issue. All other nodes are working fine.

    When I replace the working node dll to Faluty node dll. Faluty node is also start working.

    Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:02 AM
  • Hi,

    Please confirm if the processing host instance is running on all 4 nodes ?

    As you mentioned the solution was working fine for initial few days (post GACing), there are very high chances that the messages were not processed by the host running on the faulty node for initial days and message was processed by the faulty node the day issue occurred.

    This simply seems to be a deployment issue.

    HTH,
    Sumit


    Sumit Verma - MCTS BizTalk 2006/2010 - Please indicate "Mark as Answer" or "Mark as Helpful" if this post has answered the question

    Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:42 AM
  • Once you have GACed the common assembly in all the nodes and restarted the application pool (I see that the error is coming from System.ServiceModel.FaultException so I assume you have published the Orchestration as WCF service), the GACed version should have been used by the code deployed.

    But I have seen similar behaviour when you share the Application pool among multiple services where the service would fail to get the assembly from GAC. For BizTalk I would create a separate Application pool for the service which I publish. Try it. Create a separate Application pool, configure this to the service.



    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:26 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:26 AM