Record All MediaElements/Sounds in a Page (Windows 8.1 Store App)

Question

• I am making a music based app. The app has the functionality of playing a music from the music library of the user and the user has a chance to play different type of instruments i.e. Drums,Piano parallel to the music being played.

What I want to do is, start a recording session and record both the sounds being getting out of the music app i.e. The background song together with the drum sounds that the user is making.

How do I do that in C#/xaml?

I have been searching for a past 2 weeks but didn't find anything useful :(

Thanks

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Because your issue is about windows store app, I moved this thread to Building Windows Store apps with C# or VB forum for better support.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 7:14 AM
  • Hi Muhammad,

To record the sound from device in Windows Store App, you can learn from this sample: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Media-Capture-Sample-adf87622.

We can use MediaCapture API to capture video, audio, and pictures from a capture device, in your case should be mic.  To listen to the local background sound, you can suggest your user to enable the following option:

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:59 AM
  • Thanx for your answer James but my question is entirely different. I know how to record or capture sound from a device(mic). What i want is to record MediaElements sound which will be played by the user in a form of piano or drum etc. There is no such audio library which supports .NET Framework 4.5 and do all these stuff. That's why i need some help.
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:25 PM
  • Yes, that's why I suggest you to listen to your playback device when you capture sound from your mic. I believe the sound played by MediaElement is output by your playback device.

However there might be other solution for instance like using MF but i'm not familiar with.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, July 11, 2014 2:33 AM
  • Oh Alright i will check if that works or not! Thanx a ton James!
    Saturday, July 12, 2014 11:00 AM
  • I checked but its not working i did everything but it only records a mic sound not the media element's sound.
    Friday, July 18, 2014 1:17 PM
  • Hi Muhammad,

Sorry my suggestion does not work.

Anyway, try to mix the sound if you can, you should be able to get the sound from MediaElement, also the sound from MediaCapture for your mic input. Mix them could be another solution.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Friday, July 25, 2014 10:15 AM