none
Errors while getting sql resultset in recrodset on few machines only. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm working on C++ application that retrives recordset by calling

m_spiRs->Open ( spbsSQL, m_spiConnection.GetInterfacePtr (), adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText );

where m_spiRs->CursorLocation = adUseServer. Now at times on few app server machines this gives different below mentioned errors and on few machines it works perfectly fine. What is the issue here? Is it some system dll problem? My SQL statement is really big but error is even encounted even when the returned recordset count is very few say 6 -7. SQL is just a slect clause, no insert/update statements are fired in sql.

Erros encounted:

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done

The incoming tabular data stream (TDS) protocol stream is incorrect. The TDS headers contained errors.

Neha

neha_er
    • Moved by Bob Beauchemin Friday, February 4, 2011 4:07 PM Moved to a more appropriate forum (From:.NET Framework inside SQL Server)
    Friday, February 4, 2011 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Neha_er,

Welcome to ado.net managed provider.

Base on your description, your thread is refer to the oledb(ado) and this forum is only support with ado.net,

so i hope you could have your thread at the "SQL Server Data Access":http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqldataaccess/threads

Questions and discussion about data access to SQL Server using SQL Native Client, OLEDB, ODBC, ADO, WDAC/MDAC, JDBC, or SOAP/HTTP. I think there would be so many expertes.

I hope that would be help you. Have a good day.

David Peng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 7, 2011 7:41 AM