LightSwitch 2012 Editable Grid Screen - Button event handler RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working with a LightSwitch 2012 Editable Grid Screen where I have added a button to the datagrid row.  This is a web application so I would like to attach a Button.Click event handler to the button so I can use the event to display a SaveFileDialog to the user.  (SilverLight security requires the dialog to be user-initiated....the Button_Execute does not seem to qualify) The problem is that I am not sure how to traverse the object hierarchy in order to be able to reference the button to add the handler because it apparently exists in a collection.  FindControlInCollection does not seem to be the answer; while it exposes the ControlAvailable event, it does not seem to be valid for what I am trying to do.  While there are other ways to display a SaveFileDialog in a web application, I am specifically trying to find out how to attach a click event to the button in the datagrid row as I will be using the technique in other ways at some point in the future.  Any guidance would be much appreciated!

• Edited by CYA_L8R Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:06 PM Mistake
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:04 PM