Cheap hosting for ASP.NET Core and SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• User-2124232182 posted

Dear forum members,

I am a software developer with ASP.NET MVC/WebAPI and also in ASP.NET Core and Entitiy Framework Core. I like to test features from .NET Core at home. I wish to create a personal website, where I can deploy my own application. For now, I want to keep it free, that is - non-commercial.

I was searching for hosts, which have these things:

• ASP.NET Core 2.2
    • SQL Server x 2
    • Domain x 2
    • SSL certificate x 2
    • Email server x 2

I need 2 domains and 2 databases, because of Staging and Production.

I googled for such hosts and found a lot of results. I am completely lost. I have no idea what to choose. I also wish that it is as cheap as possible. Since I won't be earning money, I don't want to spend too much money for that.

I checked Azure, but got completely lost, when I saw to many pricing plans. Also, it seems extremely expensive!

I wonder if there is a cheap hosting for software developers, who want to deploy a non-commercial web application in the Internet. I am very confused, because locally I can connect to a localDB and it works, whereas in production I need a real SQL server database. I have no idea where to begin. I also do not know how to setup backups of a database at regular intervals, so that if something goes wrong, I can quickly restore an older version of the data.

Can you advise me? Give me perhaps some hints how to start.

I also need a private source code repository, where I can put my code. It would be great if I can enable continuous deployment, so that when I commit a change in Visual Studio, an automatic deployment to Staging happens. That would be awesome!

I really wish to start a website on my own, but I have so many open questions. Please, give me advice, if you can.

Monday, May 27, 2019 6:34 AM

All replies