none
App stuck in Signing and Publishing, Tier 3 Support states could take 15 days?

Question

• App has been stuck in Signing and Publishing for over 48 hours, Tier 3 Support (ticket SRX1241043370ID ) told me it could take up to 15 days (which is rubbish). My App updates have been going through in less than 2 hours recently and this is an update to a minor app. I talked to this Tier 3 person on the phone and she told me (reading from a script) that she saw nothing wrong with my app at this time and would contact me if there was an issue and if they needed resolution from me. She also repeated multiple times that apps have been taking 15 days, which I know to be untrue. Here is the email she sent that I called her to discuss:

"

Application named "Space Images from NASA". You are worried that there is something wrong with the certification process since your application has been in the 'Signing and Publisher' certification step for 48 hours.

I would like to assure you that I have not noticed anything peculiar about the certification status of your application. Please know that the certification of an application, on average, takes about 15 days. I have seen some application pass certification way before this time period, where as I have also seen applications take a little longer.  

I will keep any eye on your application and if I see anything strange that would inhibit the certification to go through, then I will look into it and notify you. Your application was released on 31 March 2014 so I am confident that your application's certification process is right on schedule.

None the less, I will keep strict watch over your application and let you know if I see something wrong. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will be following up with you on Thursday or before Thursday if I see anything outstanding.

Thank you and have a good day!

Sincerely,

"

She stated there was no higher level of escalation as she was Tier 3.

What do I do now?

-- Barb Bowman

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Had similar issues with stuck apps in the past. I tend to cancel and resubmit apps when they have been in and stage for longer than normal. It generally then goes through in the usual timeframes. 
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:07 AM
  • Had similar issues with stuck apps in the past. I tend to cancel and resubmit apps when they have been in and stage for longer than normal. It generally then goes through in the usual timeframes. 

no can do. the option to cancel release is greyed out and it is stuck in signing and publishing. in fact I asked the Tier 3 support tech if I could get it cancelled so I could resubmit and she said "no that will cause more problems".

-- Barb Bowman

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:28 PM
  • Hi Barb,

At this stage in app submission, there is not a way to cancel the release. Signing and publishing typically is completed within a day, but that can vary. If this is still an issue, can you respond with your SR reference number so I can review this for you?

Thanks!

-Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Office Store Developer Support

Friday, April 11, 2014 2:19 AM
  • it finally went through. it seems that there was an issue where others were in the same situation at the time. what is needed is an alert function somewhere that allows us to check the status of certification in general so that when an event occurs, we can be made aware.

-- Barb Bowman

Friday, April 11, 2014 3:44 PM