Spatial Data Types - SQL Server Help Online RRS feed

• Question

• I find it difficult to navigate thru the Helpviewer Home (SQLServer Help online - local)

I looked up data types, and it listed a bunch of types, but geospatial data types weren't even listed listed. 

Only when i searched for Geospatiol Data did the type and help display.. When it did display, it doesn't even provide any sort of "path" that would help me know where or in what section of the Help 'book' that info is categorized in. 

If I could figure out the big picture of where things are located, I might better be able to locate the resources for 'categories' of info, instead of just looking everything up word by word. 

It just seems like it's organized in pieces all over the place. 

The Contents display of Help itself, nowhere, even lists Datatypes that I can see.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:39 AM

Answers

• If i understand correctly there is nothing call "geospatial data type" in SQL Server. It will be easy to answer if we exactly know what are you trying to store(e.g file, image, int etc)

For details datatypes available in sql server refer, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187752.aspx

Regards, RSingh

• Proposed as answer by Sofiya Li Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:08 PM
    • Edited by Ch. Rajen SinghEditor Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sofiya Li Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:48 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:24 AM
    Answerer