none
ReportViewer (Local Mode) Javascript "Permission Denied" Error, only in Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report viewer control on a page which displays a report in local mode.

In FireFox everything works fine, and the report displays as expected.

In Internet Explorer I get a Javascript error and none of the images (like the little navigation arrows and the print icon) appear.

The error is "Permission Denied" for line number 285.  This line number seems to be some of the Javascript code that is generated by the control.

(Line #285 in my code corresponds to line #2 - with just the bracket on it - below.)

1if (document.getElementById("ReportViewer1_ctl01_ctl01_ctl02") != null)  
    3document.getElementById("ReportViewer1_ctl01_ctl01_ctl02").value = document.getElementById('ReportViewer1').ClientController.CurrentPage; 
    4document.getElementById("ReportViewer1_ctl01_ctl01_ctl02").disabled = (document.getElementById('ReportViewer1').ClientController.TotalPages > 1) ? null : "disabled"
    5document.getElementById("ReportViewer1_ctl01_ctl01_ctl04").innerHTML = document.getElementById('ReportViewer1').ClientController.TotalPages; 

What really throws me is that it works just fine in FireFox, so I don't know where to even start looking.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 12:41 AM

Answers

• I resolved this issue.  It was actually a setting with my web host.

I still don't understand how a global setting with the web host would only affect one browser and not the other, but it works anyway.
    • Marked as answer by JimSteele_0305 Monday, December 15, 2008 9:21 PM
    Monday, December 15, 2008 9:20 PM

All replies

• I resolved this issue.  It was actually a setting with my web host.

I still don't understand how a global setting with the web host would only affect one browser and not the other, but it works anyway.
    • Marked as answer by JimSteele_0305 Monday, December 15, 2008 9:21 PM
    Monday, December 15, 2008 9:20 PM
  • What was the setting in the Web Host?
    Monday, February 1, 2010 11:14 PM
  • What was the setting in the Web Hosgood morrning i have the same error would you plese tell me what was the setting in the Web Host???

I really appreciate your help!!!

Friday, June 29, 2012 4:45 PM