none
How to show popup on Word 2013 Task Pane? how to download file and show "Open/Save as" popup on task pane?? RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

is it possible to download a file from a server web and show popoup of "Open/Save as" file by task pane in Word 2013???

Why i can't show a simple alert popup inside task pane??

TY,

Peppe

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>> is it possible to download a file from a server web and show popoup of "Open/Save as" file by task pane in Word 2013? <<

Apps for Office could not use IE Download Manager to download files; so I’m afraid it is impossible to download a file by using Task Pane App. For a workaround, I suggest you to navigate end-user to a download page in IE by using hyperlink and then download files in IE Browser.

>> Why i can't show a simple alert popup inside task pane? <<

Function window.alert is not supported by current Office JavaScript API. I suggest you to use HTML dialog box instead of Alert.

If you have any feedbacks for Office Development Platform, please feel free to submit them to User Voice.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Tuesday, December 17, 2013 12:49 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 12:11 PM