SSRS 2016 in SharePoint Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have SSRS 2016 reports deployed into Sharepoint. Report should be rendered based on the user permission, if user has limited number of rows in a database then same rows only should be displayed in sharepoint report.

How to configure this scenario?

Friday, February 10, 2017 9:08 AM

Answers

• Hi hrajeee,

According to your description, if I understand correctly that you would like to filter data based on user permission in SSRS SharePoint Mode, right?

Based on my research, we can try to use SQL Server 2016 Row-level Security to match up to SSRS. Please try to refer to following steps:

1. Create a Login on the SQL Server from a Windows Account.

2. Create a user in the database that is associated to the data that requires Row-level Security.

3. Give the use read access to the table.

4. Test your implementation by executing the script.

5. Deploy data source, dataset and report to your SSRS with Windows integrated security.

For more detailed information, please see: SQL Server 2016 Row-level Security and SSRS a perfect match

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Pirlo Zhang Friday, February 17, 2017 3:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by hrajeee Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:49 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 2:04 AM

All replies

• Hi hrajeee,

According to your description, if I understand correctly that you would like to filter data based on user permission in SSRS SharePoint Mode, right?

Based on my research, we can try to use SQL Server 2016 Row-level Security to match up to SSRS. Please try to refer to following steps:

1. Create a Login on the SQL Server from a Windows Account.

2. Create a user in the database that is associated to the data that requires Row-level Security.

3. Give the use read access to the table.

4. Test your implementation by executing the script.

5. Deploy data source, dataset and report to your SSRS with Windows integrated security.

For more detailed information, please see: SQL Server 2016 Row-level Security and SSRS a perfect match

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Pirlo Zhang Friday, February 17, 2017 3:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by hrajeee Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:49 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Hi hrajeee,

If your issue is solved please mark the appropriate answer as Mark as answer. This will help other members to find a solution if they face the same issue.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support

Monday, February 20, 2017 2:03 PM