none
Installed adapters is not visible RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm trying to install the WCF LOB Adapter and the adapter pack 2.0.

I have done this before, but now when the installation is done, no adapters is added to my list in the admin console.

I have also tried to add a new adapter in the list, but the adapter list(when adding adapters manually) contains only the 5 enterprise adapter J.D Edv aso..

Anyone got a clue why this is happening?

Br. Kim Atle Norén
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:57 AM

Answers

• I see...

actually, the wcf-custom adapter is not a part of adapter pack /adapter framework.

It comes with biztalk. so , it looks like a problem with the biztalk installation .

Can you check if you have selected the wcf adapter whil installing biztalk

Rohit Singh
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:15 AM

All replies

• Make sure you have done  'complete' install and not the 'typical' install
    Rohit Singh
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:05 AM
  • Hi!

I did a complete installation of WCF LOB Adapter + 32 and 64bit version of the adapter pack + the enterprise adapter pack. All complete installations.

Br. Kim Atle Norén
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:43 AM
  • What is the biztalk version ?
    Rohit Singh
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:49 AM
  • BTS 2010...
    Br. Kim Atle Norén
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:49 AM
  •  

I think BTS 2010 looks into only the .net 4.0 machine .config while the adapter pack 2.0 makes entry into only the v2.0 config.

You should use adapter pack 2010  which registers itself in both 2.0 and 4.0 machine.config.

Adapter pack 2010 is compatible with adapter pack 2.0 , so no migration of projects required.

Rohit Singh
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

"no adapters is added to my list in the admin console"

--> That is a manual action, you have to add each adapter yourself.

"contains only the 5 enterprise adapter J.D Edv"

--> That is odd, when you do a complete install of BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010 the you should see 9 adapters

- J.D.Edwards Enterprise One, WCF-SQL, J.D.Edwards OneWorld, Tibco Enterprise Messaging Service, WCF-SAP, Tibco Rendezvous, WCF-OracleDB, PeopleSoftt Enterprise, and WCF-OracleEBS.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:02 AM
  • I have used the 2010 version of the adapters, that came with the installation :-/

The difference this time is that i used the developer edition of biztalk, and not the std edition.

Br. Kim Atle Norén
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:02 AM
  • I see.

But none of the WCF adapters is there :-/ Only the 5.

Maybe a dumb question but does IIS have to be installed to use the adapter framework? 

Br. Kim Atle Norén
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:06 AM
  • No IIS installation is reqired ..

just another check - if you create a send-port , and choose wcf-custom adapter, do u see sapbinding/sqlbinding etc. in the dropdown fo seletinog the binding ?

Rohit Singh
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:08 AM
  • The problem is that i don't have or see the WCF-custom adapter.

It seems to me that the problem lays on the adapter framework(WCF LOB client).

I have tried to uninstall - install this about 10 times.

Br. Kim Atle Norén
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:12 AM
  • I see...

actually, the wcf-custom adapter is not a part of adapter pack /adapter framework.

It comes with biztalk. so , it looks like a problem with the biztalk installation .

Can you check if you have selected the wcf adapter whil installing biztalk

Rohit Singh
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:15 AM
  • I'm embarassed to say that the wcf adapter was not installed with the installation.

Installing that fixed it all! Thanx!

Br. Kim Atle Norén
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:33 AM
  • Even though the post is marked as answer, I am adding my bit here because I feel that one part of info is missing here.

The adapters in BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0 are WCF-based adapters, which are essentially WCF-Custom bindings. A WCF-Custom adapter is already listed in the BizTalk Admin Console. Because the WCF-based LOB adapters are just bindings to the WCF-Custom adapter, they are not explicitly listed there in the admin console.

For example, look at the following topic in the SAP adapter (part of Adapter Pack) help: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd788590(BTS.70).aspx#BKMK_SAPDisplay

Installation of the adapter pack adds the bindings to machine.config. If you want to add these adapters to the console, you can do so by following the steps at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd788570(BTS.70).aspx

______ Nitin Mehrotra, BizTalk Server CCxG, http://blogs.msdn.com/nitinme/
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:49 PM