none
Compact Framework 3.7 RRS feed

• Question

•      Now that there is already a leaked version of Compact Framework 3.7 wouldn't it be nice for the team to do some posts with what is new in this version and when can we expect to hit the RTM. Or at least to have a little bit more clear what is/will be NETCF 3.7
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:08 PM

Answers

• Naturally there can't be any comments unless product is officially announced.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 11:46 PM

All replies

• Are you sure you've got an authentic .Net Compact Framework version?  The next version of the desktop framework is 4.0 and the compact framework usually follows the desktop version.  I'd be a bit suspecious about what ever it is that you have that is labeled as version 3.7.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    • Proposed as answer by evok Monday, June 15, 2009 12:55 AM
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:35 PM
  • I'm not aware of any announcements concerning "Compact Framework 3.7" so I would be pretty dubious of any leaked version of something claiming to be that.

--

Ginny Caughey
    Device Application Development MVP

"Dan Dan" wrote in message news:037570ee-b1a7-494 3-aba7-bdda752c455a...
         Now that there is already a leaked version of Compact Framework 3.7 wouldn't it be nice for the team to do some posts with what is new in this version and when can we expect to hit the RTM. Or at least to have a little bit more clear what is/will be NETCF 3.7
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:09 PM
  •       I don't know if I can post the link but here it is:

http://www.4shared.com/file/110675476/fdb8e0dc/NETCFv37.html

People that tried it said it's much faster than 3.5. Anyway I was surprised cause I follow CF development a lot but I didn't hear anything about the new version. I was curious if it's  a fake or not 
    Friday, June 12, 2009 9:09 AM
  • Not knowing what it really is I'm not inclined to download it.  But I would be weary of it as the last several times I heard of supposedly leaked software in weeks following the leak there was news that it was actually malware.  I'm inclined to think that this is a trojan.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    Friday, June 12, 2009 12:30 PM
  • It's not a malware cause it's included in a lot of new cooked rom (especially WM 6.5)
    Friday, June 12, 2009 12:44 PM
  • Hi, take a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=525367. I have downloaded it and install to my HTC Touch HD and all .NET apps are faster and stable. Why there are no news from MS about this?
    Friday, June 12, 2009 2:52 PM
  • MSFT people can you give an official answer? Thanks
    Friday, June 12, 2009 3:50 PM
  • Naturally there can't be any comments unless product is officially announced.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 11:46 PM
  • I've just hered about this released and I'm confused, mostly because there is no link to microsoft web site nor connect.microsoft.com and also there is no changelog.

But for your information the version is 3.7.8345.00 and there is also a NetCF Config app included which I also see in NetCF 3.5 Power Toy http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8174c14-a27d-4148-bf01-86c2e0953eab 

So I don't know what to say, but I'm with "Joel Ivory Johnson" about versioning, this must be 4.0.

So what do you say?
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 10:01 AM
  • Am I missing something here?  After seeing this on a couple blogs and doing searches on it, why are people claiming that their devices seem much faster after installing the alleged 3.7 or 3.5 over 2.0?  There are no windows mobile tweaks included in the 3.5 installer are there?  I never noticed any if there are.
    Monday, June 15, 2009 12:58 AM