How to import Power View report definition from Excel 2013 to SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have the Power Pivot data model created in Excel 2013, and then I built Power View reports within the Excel 2013. Now my need is to import the data model into SSAS tabular and Power View report into the SharePoint. It was straight forward to create SSAS Tabular database from the Excel 2013 workbook, but now I am left with rebuilding the Power View reports in the SharePoint, I was wondering if there is a way to extract the definition of my Power View reports in Excel 2013 instead of me redoing all the Power View reports again?

P.S. I know I can upload the Excel 2013 workbook as is into the SharePoint, and Excel Services will be able to render Power View tabs in the excel workbook, but that is not what I want.

Thanks,
    Taleb

Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:22 AM

Answers

• As far as i know it is not possible to extract the PowerView report from Excel and import it into an .rdlx-file (PowerView in SharePoint)

though, it would be really nice as for some it is not possible to render an Excel-PowerView to PPT
    and i guess that is what you want to achieve - right?

-gerhard

- www.pmOne.com -

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:23 AM
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:39 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Elvis, now that it is confirmed not supporter at present, I will add this to the wish list.

Talib

• Marked as answer by Taleb Ilm Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:20 AM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:19 AM

All replies

• As far as i know it is not possible to extract the PowerView report from Excel and import it into an .rdlx-file (PowerView in SharePoint)

though, it would be really nice as for some it is not possible to render an Excel-PowerView to PPT
    and i guess that is what you want to achieve - right?

-gerhard

- www.pmOne.com -

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:23 AM
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:39 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks gerhard, one is feature like export to PPT as you said, other is stability factor with SSRS Tabular plus .rdlx. It might be worth considering a feature by product team to generate .rdlx file out of Excel Power View.

Taleb

Friday, April 19, 2013 6:10 PM
  • Hi Taleb,

In this case, I would recommend you submit a wish to the Microsoft Connect at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:11 AM
  • Thanks Elvis, now that it is confirmed not supporter at present, I will add this to the wish list.

Talib

• Marked as answer by Taleb Ilm Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:20 AM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:19 AM