none
VS2017 CE - excited but....

Question

• VS2013 Community Edition has become slow as molassis on one of our machines, so I decided to give VS2017 CE a try.

The limited download is pretty exciting so it took only a few hours vs almost 5 in the past.

First thing to try was to connect to my Git repository, following these instructions

All the way at the bottom "Open a solution in Visual Studio from a cloned repo"

Then Double-click your project solution file in the Solutions area to open the solution in Solution Explorer.

Except there is no project solution in the Solutions area.

Just like there wasn't a solution in VS2013 or VS2015 following the same instructions.

Why are these little things not fixed?

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 11:08 PM

All replies

• Another one.......

In VS2017 CE I am connected to the repository.

Expand the node in the root. I am expecting to see 6-8 sub folders. Only one is visible.

After refreshing still only one.

??

Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:45 PM
  • Hi wavemaster,

Please refer to the following steps:

1). Connect the TeamService, and choose a project:

2). Right-click the project, choose clone:

3). Double-click the project in local Git Repositories:

If I misunderstand you issue, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 8:04 AM
  • Oscar thanks for responding.

Everything works like you have shown me, except the last piece "double click it and the project will be displayed in the Solution Explorer"

Solution explorer is empty, even after a refresh.

Using file explorer I can see my files are there, but there is no .sln file.

The repo does have a .sln file but it appears it was not copied across.

Manually copying the file from one computer to the new VS2017 machine results in "the web server "http://localhost:XXXXX" could not be found.

Saturday, March 11, 2017 3:14 AM
  • Hi friend,

>>Using file explorer I can see my files are there, but there is no .sln file

According to your description, .sln file has not been cloned from source control. So Whether this issue only happed against one project, or other projects are also encountered the same issue?

And whether you could open this project with VS, if yes please open it, and do some changes, then sync it to VSTS to see the results.

>>Manually copying the file from one computer to the new VS2017 machine results in "the web server "http://localhost:XXXXX" could not be found.

Please make sure VS, develop this project, have the same version. And delete the .user file of your project and do again.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Sunday, March 12, 2017 6:12 AM